1. The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
a. How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call Dr Locksmith.
b. What information is collected The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call Dr Locksmith, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
c. Using cookies or other on-device storage
2. How information collected is used
a. When you use this website
b. Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests in relation to our products. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
c. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of any internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
For these purposes, the information on the path you take to get to the website and on some of the pages you visit or use through the website, using cookies, web beacons and other on-device storage will be retained. You cannot be personally identified from the information that is collected on this website. For information about web beacons, or the organisation used (including how to decline their cookies), please read section 6 – Using cookies on this website and how you can reject them.
d. Analysing call volumes
If you call Dr Locksmith using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be used by Dr Locksmith to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
3. Disclosure of your information
Your information will not be passed to any other commercial organisations
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4. Where your information is processed
When your information is used as described in section 2 – How information collected is used, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
5. How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
6. Using cookies on the website and how you can reject them
- The first type is a session-based cookie. This means that it is only saved on your hard disk for the time you are using the website. Within the website these cookies are used to understand how users navigate through the web site.
- The second type of cookie used stays on your hard disk for up to five years. This persistent cookie helps the number of different people coming to the site be understood, rather than the total number of times the site is used. Without the persistent cookie, if you visited the site once each week for three weeks you would be counted as three separate users. On the website, these cookies are used to manage the adverts shown to visitors and to make sure that each visitor does not see the same advert too often, as well as understand how frequently you use the website and any services provided on the website.
- Your personal information is not stored in either type of cookie. Cookies are only used to analyse the effectiveness of the website and to help make the website better for users.
- If you do not want a website to create a cookie on your computer, most web browsers provide the option to disable them. However, the website may not work properly if you reject the cookies.
- If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website or visit theInteractive Advertising Bureau’s website.